Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Fitness Story

've been so nervous to actually share  this but here it is---MY fitness story! 
                                                         

Growing up I was always an active kid but once I got into college I stopped pretty much all activity.  I was pretty content with myself and my life.  I didn't think I had to workout, or eat healthy (I honestly didn't even know HOW to eat healthy) & so I didn't!  I binged on junk food and ice cream.  Although I didn't ever drink much I did love food at parties bars and clubs and would take full advantage whenever possible.  I was in college full time, studying a career that I absolutely loved, falling more and more in love with the guy who would become my husband, and pretty active in my church. I was HAPPY!! Why did I need to worry about what I ate?! So I didn't.  I just kept buying bigger clothes.  And wearing more sweatshirts.  

                    

The photo on the left was taken in February of 2012.  My family and my then boyfriend (now hubby!) and I had gone to Vegas to celebrate my brother's birthday.  Looking at the pictures from that trip I was in SHOCK.  "Who IS this girl?!? She's not happy.  Or confident.  Or comfortable in her own skin." These pictures LITERALLY never saw the light of day.  I just knew I didn't want to live my life like that anymore. 

Two months later my boyfriend proposed!!  After the initial celebrating fizzled out I realized that I didn't want to feel the way that I felt at that point on my wedding day.  I KNEW that I needed a change but I had no idea where that change would come from.

After months of little progress I was offered an opportunity to purchase the Beachbody program T25 and commit to the program with the support of a challenge group.  

I was TERRIFIED! I was out of shape and so uncertain that I would be able to keep up with the workouts.  But you know what? I STARTED.  I got up, gave it a go, gave it my all and then kept going.  I. Was. Committed.  I worked out when I was tired, sore, when I didn't feel like it, when I didn't have any energy, when I had had a bad day at work. I just did it.  And I started seeing results! 

By the time our wedding day arrived I had lost 15 pounds and inches off of my hips, waist and thighs while building muscle all over. 

When I walked down the aisle to the amazing man whom I now get to spend the rest of my life with, I felt CONFIDENT, COMFORTABLE, BEAUTIFUL and most importantly HAPPY. {my dress even ended up being a bit loose in the waist-say WHAT!!!}

I share all of this to say that the most important step that you can take is to {START}.  I started and once I did I saw that the possibilities were endless.

Although I stilll have a long way to go towards my goals as they grow and change every day, I am CHARGED up and excited for every small step and little victory.  Each day that I get my workout done, eat properly, drink enough water or get enough sleep is a victory in itself!  Celebrate the little things and shoot for the biggest dreams of your life!

                                    

So now it's your turn!! I want to help you take the first step into creating your fitness story, to help you reach your goals, and to be able to celebrate, appreciate and LOVE the body that God has gifted you with!!  If you are ready to make that step leave your email below. 



Let's {S T A R T} your journey together today!! 

xoxo,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment