Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Salsa Chicken

It's Taco Tuesday!!  It seems only appropriate to share an absolute favorite recipe in our house that is inspired by a tasty Mexican dish my mother-in-law makes on special occasions!

This is my recipe for Salsa Chicken! 



Salsa Chicken was one of the first recipes I ever made when I ventured into the world of clean eating.  I absolutely love it - it's so simple, versatile and filling!  And what matters the most is that my husband loves it and could eat it literally every day!! 

Here's the recipe & be sure to check out the video for a tutorial! 

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients: 
  • 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
  • 12 ounce jar of Salsa
  • 8/10 ounce can Tomato Paste/crushed tomatoes/tomato sauce
  • Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder

Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in crock pot - layer chicken, seasonings, tomato paste and salsa
  • Plece lid on crock pot
  • Cook on High 2.5 - 3 hours (depending on how much chicken you use!); Low 4-5.5 hours
  • When fully cooked, take two forks or a fork and pair of tongs and shred either on plate or in crock pot
  • Serve as tacos, over rice, with a side of corn, beans and rice, tostadas or however you please!
  • Add a green salad to get your serving of veggies in!

There you have it!!  Set it and forget it - my kind of meal! ;)  

Pssst - don't tell my hubby how easy this is to make!  He's pretty impressed with this meal! ;)
Be sure to watch the video for a full how-to!  

Are you going to add Salsa Chicken to your menu this week?  Share and tag me @ririluvsabs on IG & cmadfitness on Facebook!

Until next time!
xoxo,
Corina


Follow me here:
IG: @ririluvsabs
Facebook: facebook.com/cmadfitness

No comments:

Post a Comment