Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Coffee Addicts Unite + Bulletproof Coffee Recipe

Truth: I've been drinking coffee since I was fourteen years old.

I KNOW this sounds crazy but it's a true story!
I used to make my mom's morning coffee every morning before she dropped me off to school - and each morning I would taste it to make sure there was enough creamer and splenda in there for her. 
Pretty soon I was poouring myself a small cup along with hers...then a full cup...then I was bringing a mug in the car for the drive there. 

The obsession had begun! 

After I had officially begun to like coffee I moved into the intoxicating realm of Starbucks! 
Hot, iced, summer-y, Christmas-y; they seemed to always know exactly what I needed most! 

I've been a Starbucks girl ever since.



When I began my clean eating journey I learned just how awful creamer and all of the added sugary goodness is that Starbucks is, quite honestly, known for. 
I knew that my relationship with Starbucks - and even my home brews - was about to change drastically!

I learned to like black coffee but there was still a longing for that rich, creaminess that only creamer can add.  
At least I thought that only creamer could add it!

I recently found a phenomenon called Bulletproof Coffee. 

Let me tell you, my world has changed.  
Grass is greener, the sun is brighter, coffee smells strong and just like my old love again! 
Okay, okay but seriously?  This stuff is BOMB. 

It's creamy without creamer and can literally be flavored however you desire it - I add extracts and stevia to bring me back to the sweet creations that I originally fell for. 

I know what you're thinking - this is all fine and dandy, but where's the recipe, Corina?
Yes, the goods!  Here you are:




Bulletproof Coffee

1 cup brewed coffee
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp extract of choice (vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, almond, peppermint, etc)
1-2 packets of stevia

Instrucutions:
Pour coffee into tall glass or blender
Add other ingredients to glass or blender
Using an immersion blender in a glass OR blender blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth
Pour into mug and enjoy!

& voila!! Creamy, tasty, flavorful coffee without the calories or waist expanding woes of creamer. 

Are you a coffee person?  Or a tea person? Share in a comment below!
I'm actually both :) 

xoxo,
Corina

Let's Connect!
Facebook: facebook.com/cmadfitness
Instagram: @ririluvsabs

No comments:

Post a Comment