Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Losing Our Thanksgiving Bloat! 3 Day Refresh

Today is my first day on the 3 day Refresh & I'm beyond happy to say that my hubby agreed to do it with me!
We both knew we would be feeling bloated and less motivated to eat well after the long Thanksgiving weekend spent enjoying the holiday with family and a few cheats meals with friends over the weekend. Not surprisingly, we were totally right!




It's time for a tune - up!

The 3 day refresh is a plant based cleanse, consisting of both food and shakes meant to "reset" your body to neutral from crazy cravings and binges that DO happen from time to time!

What I love most about it is that it totally wipes out my sugar cravings! By the end of the 3 days I'm back to craving whole, natural, clean foods rather than any processed junk that I had indulged in prior to starting the cleanse!

One really phenomenal thing about this cleanse is truly the fact that you're not starving yourself! It's not a juice cleanse or anything as drastic as the cayenne pepper/lemon juice cleanse! 
Don't believe me? 

Here's a look at what our 3 days of cleansing consist of:

-Breakfast - Shakeology mixed with water & any free additions desired + 1 serving of fruit (2 cuties)
-Mid-morning - Fiber Sweep + tea with lemon (optional)
-Lunch - Vanilla Fresh protein shake + 1 serving of fruit (apple) + 1 serving of vegetables (carrot sticks) + 1 healthy fat (hummus or almond butter)
-Mid-afternoon - 1 serving of fruit (banana), 1 serving of vegetables (carrot sticks) or 1 fresh juice options + tea with lemon (optional)
-Dinner - Vanilla Fresh protein shake + 1 Dinner option (zucchini noodles with olive oil, asparagus with slivered almonds, green beans with slivered almonds) + 1 cup of vegetable broth (optional)

Let me just say this ends up being a LOT of food!



Lunch alone is a HUGE serving of food for me!! By the time I finish my shake I can eat about half of a fruit serving with half of the healthy fat serving and I'm STUFFED. I save the vegetable serving for the afternoon or an after dinner snack since my days tend to be so long.

A big part of this plan is also to make sure you're maintaining your water intake. The recommendation is to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water for each of the 3 days. I add slices of lemon, lime or orange to my water to give it a flavor boost without any extra calories!

I love it & it keeps me interested in drinking that much water each day! A great option for tackling your water intake on the 3 Day Refresh during the wintery months is drinking warm water with lemon! It replaces my desire for something warm like tea or coffee while ensuring that I'm getting in enough water!

Inquiring minds want to know: have YOU ever tried a cleanse?  Did you enjoy it? 

Be sure to check back in to see our food reviews , special 3 day refresh recipes and of course, our Before and After photos and stats!!  

xoxo, 
Corina


No comments:

Post a Comment