Tuesday, December 9, 2014

3 Day Refresh & Zucchini Noodles Recipe!

Friday was our FINAL day of the 3 Day Refresh cleanse that my hubby and I were on! 

I can honestly say that I'm BEYOND pleased, excited and impressed with our results! 

Not only did we lose pounds and inches, our cravings for junk food and the fattening treats from Thanskgiving are long behind us! 
At the start of the cleanse I was feeling bloated, fatigued, heavy and overall discouraged with my physique. My hubby also felt bloated and completely out of control of his cravings - we were both essentially wanting to eat everything in sight! 

At the end of our first day Abs said to me "Wow it's amazing how much I think to just pick something up to eat throughout the day, even when I'm not really hungry!"

That realization in itself was enough of a transformation for me!! 

Nevertheless --- here are our official results from the 3 Day Refresh! 



Now that the results are out of the way I want to share our favorite refresh meal - Lemon Herb Zoodles!! (My mouth waters just thinking about them!!)

I've been getting a TON of questions about how I make zucchini noodles - or zoodles, as they're commonly know! The first tip is to get a spiralizer! My hub brought ours home from Wal-Mart for about $20!  Totally can't beat a new kitchen gadget at that price! 


They're so simple and tasty so I'm super excited to share the recipe with you! 

Lemon Herb/Scampi Style Zoodles

Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini
1 tbsp fresh squeeze lemon juice
Olive Oil 
Pepper, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
Garlic, to taste


Method:
Wash and dry each zucchini
Cut off the end of the zucchini just enough to make an even surface (the weird end with that little stump thing)
Using a spiralizer (I use the Veggetti - LOVE!) make noodles out of each squash - spiral into a bowl or dish
Once both zucchini are spiraled cut the strands of noodles 2 or 3 times, into bite sized pieces (this is dependent on your personal pasta size preference - I prefer smaller pieces to large so I cut them more)
Heat a pot of water to boiling, lower heat to medium
Once water is boiling add zucchini to pot and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender
Drain noodles and divide into serving dishes
Drizzle fresh lemon juice and olive oil over each dish; season with pepper, sea salt and garlic, to desired taste level
Serve zoodles by themselves or with chicken or shrimp!

Enjoy! 

xoxo,
Corina

Let's Connect!
Facebook: Facebook.com/cmadfitness
IG: @ririluvsabs





No comments:

Post a Comment