Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 2 Re-cap of the 3 Day Refresh!

Today is officially Day 3 of our 3 Day Refresh challenge!  The finish line is in sight!!

I'm so excited that we're at this point!  I'm also super excited to share my experience from Day 2 with you!  

But first - I have to be honest – this is my second attempt at doing this cleanse.  

The first time I tried it was when it had just been released, in June after our annual training event.
It was an extremely exciting product and exactly what so many of my customers ask for on a consistent basis!
I was absolutely thrilled at the thought of having it as a part of the official product library and a brilliant tool for my clients. 

However, when it came down to completing it, I just could not get past Day 1.

Day 1!!! 

Like what!? I could barely last 1 day!   
Yet here I am, today, on Day 3, soaring through the program and truly loving the process!

So what changed? 

I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was my mindset. 100%.



The funny thing is that so many things in a health and fitness journey are a matter of changing your mindset.

Mind over matter.
Mind over munch.
Mind over craving.
Mind over laziness. 
Mind over defeat. 
Mind over feeling like you "can't" do something! 

Back in June, my mindset, my willpower if you will, was not strong enough.  I didn't desire the change and so I saw the process as too difficult to complete. 

My how a few months can change so very much! 

Yesterday, as day 2 of this cleanse, was a much easier day than day 1 of the cleanse, as I suspected it would be.
There were minimal temptations, unlike hosting a snack-heavy youth group like we did on the evening of Day 1 (talk about torture!).

My biggest victory of Day 2 was when a co-worker offered me chocolate I heard myself saying "No thanks! I'm good!" and actually meaning it!!!
It didn't hurt. 
It wasn't something I had to force myself to say. 

It came out naturally, and easily and was the truth!!

Talk about a non-scale victory!! TALK about mind over matter! 

In less than 2 days my willpower had increased so much that turning down the chocolate that I normally hunt people down for was an absolute breeze. 

Day 3 - you are mine. Let's do this!!

What is one thing lately that you've found yourself lacking the willpower to complete?  Have you ever been in that position?  How did you get your willpower strong enough to fight toward your goal? 

I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!

xoxo,
Corina 

Let's Connect!
Facebook: Facebook.com/cmadfitness
Instagram: @ririluvsabs

No comments:

Post a Comment