Friday, December 12, 2014

Easy Clean Eating Hot Chocolate Recipe

There are few things that I love more than hot chocolate in a cute mug on a rainy day while watching a movie curled up in a blanket! :)  That is true bliss to me!



The other night I was craving hot chocolate, but traditional store bought packets are not clean or 21 Day Fix approved! Since I'm following the 21 Day Fix nutrition guide right now I knew that I had to find an approved recipe or set my craving aside for a treat. 

Luckily, after searching a bit for something that sounded tasty I came up with an easy, 21 Day Fix approved recipe! 



Peppermint (or Regular!) Hot Chocolate  - 21 Day Fix Approved!
Ingredients
  ·      1 cup, plus 1-2 tablespoons milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk!)
·      2 rounded teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
·      1-2 packets stevia, depending on your desired sweetness 
·      ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
·      ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
·      cinnamon, optional
Instructions
1.   Place milk in a small pot over medium low heat.
2.   Meanwhile, place cocoa powder, stevia and extra tablespoon of almond milk in a small bowl. Whisk until a paste/thick mixture forms and powder is absorbed. Add additional tablespoon of almond milk, if needed.
3.   Whisk cocoa mixture into milk mixture. Heat till hot but not boiling.
4.   Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
5.   Serve and enjoy once the drink is cool enough to safely drink
Notes
Container count: 1 yellow! Everything else is a free 21 Day Fix flavor addition! 

If you're feeling like a splurge add a little bit of whipped cream to the top! This is a must have for me - and I don't feel like a little bit hurts anything ;)

The directions above are for a stovetop preparation, but you can just as easily make this in the microwave.

The above recipe will yield you a peppermint hot chocolate!  To enjoy hot chocolate without the peppermint simply skip the peppermint extract! 

To make a different flavor variation - such as caramel or raspberry - simply replace the peppermint extract with your extract of choice! 

And voila - there you have clean eating, 21 Day Fix approved hot chocolate! 

I would love to have you join me in my next 21 Day Fix accountability health and fitness group!  If you're interested in joining us, losing weight, creating new healthy lifestyle habits and toning from head to toe, please fill out the form below! I absolutely love this plan because it allows for things like this hot chocolate recipe - a simple pleasure that I simply can't live without in the winter! 

Are you a hot chocolate drinker?  Share below what your favorite variety is! Regular, peppermint, caramel, raspberry...the list goes on and on!!   

Thanks for stopping by!  

xoxo,
Corina
Let's Connect!
Facebook: Facebook.com/cmadfitness
IG: @ririluvsabs

Real Girl Fitness Challenge Application:

The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment