Thursday, December 4, 2014

OWNING every bit of who YOU have been made to be!

I shared this post on my Instagram profile a little bit ago and it is one that truly resonated with me so I wanted to share it with you in hopes that it encourages you in the same way!

I used to view my arms - which are naturally lean - as a flaw. 
I honestly always thought they looked manly on my otherwise curvy, pear shaped frame. 

I was truly embarrassed by them - and although I loved to wear tank tops and cute dresses and t-shirts I would find every opportunity to cover them up.  

NEVER have I viewed them as described in Proverbs 31-

"Her arms are strong for her tasks, she opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy."

In this passage, strong arms are a beautiful symbol of love. 
Of provision. 
Of the Proverbs 31 woman caring beyond herself. 

She uses strong arms to care for others, contribute to her family's household and to bless those less fortunate. 

Imagine if she had seen her arms as manly or ugly the way that I did for so, so long. 



Through growing, seeking God and desiring to learn how He sees me - not how the world sees me - I've come to a point where I thank Him for my arms, and every other part of my body. 

My arms are strong and growing, loving and providing.  
Just the way that God made them to be.  
They are a precious, precious part of my body and have a job that only they can perform.  

Are my arms still lean and take on muscle easily?  
YES. They absolutely do. 

But now I see them as so incredibly important.  They allow me to do tasks that I can't imagine living life without. 
Hugging, cooking, working diligently, carrying heavy loads, comforting a friend, offering help to someone in need, even typing! 

I challenge you to reflect on what you have been ashamed or embarrassed of that God wants to you to use for good and to bring His name glory.  
What is that one area that you've never seen in a positive light? 

Tonight I encourage you to reflect on it and find one function hat it performs which no other part of your body can perform. 

I can assure you you will come to view that part of your beautifully, wonderfully made body differently. 

xoxo,
Corina 

Facebook: Facebook.com/cmadfitness
IG: @ririluvsabs

No comments:

Post a Comment