Monday, August 18, 2014

How to Drink More Water Every Day!

Water. 

We all know that we should be drinking it. 

We KNOW that it has huge health benefits. 
But HOW do we get enough water in each day?? 
What number should we be aiming for each and every day? 


You're in luck!! Here are some of my best tips for drinking as much water as you need each day.



1. Figure out how much you need a day: divide your weight in pounds in half, this number is the number of ounces of water you should be drinking a day.

I.e.: A woman weighs 160 pounds; divided by 2 this is 80 ounces a day. That may seem like a lot, but let's break it down: A glass of water is 8 ounces so to drink 80 ounces is 10 glasses a day.

Let's beak it down even further, shall we?
Let's count how many glasses our gal can drink in one day:
#1. One 8 oz glass at waking <<< do this FIRST thing!!
#2. Drink a glass with breakfast.
#3. Drink a glass between breakfast and your morning snack
#4. 8 oz between your snack and lunch
#5. Drink 8 oz at lunch!
#6. Drink 8 oz between lunch and your afternoon snack
#7. Drink 8 oz between your snack and heading home for the day or before dinner
#8. Drink at LEAST 8 oz during/after your workout - this helps to replenish your muscles
#9. Drink 8 oz with dinner
#10. Drink 8 oz before bed!

Bam!! 80 ounces done!


2. How do I manage this number of glasses during work? I have several large plastic bottles, that are between 24-32 ounces, that I take to work daily. I drink 2-3 of these a day at work and that alone covers my water needs for the day. During my workout I also drink plenty of water, as well as a glass afterwards. Hydrating your muscles also helps to prevent soreness!

3. Ok, say you're drinking all of your glasses and you're getting bored of plain ol'H2O? Add lemon, lime, mint, cucumber, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries to spice it up. A squeeze of orange juice does the trick, as well! So there you have it! This is how I get my water intake in each day. I hope these help you to drink the water that your body so desperately craves each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment