Monday, August 18, 2014

Starbucks, Pete's, It's a Grind - Oh My!!

I don't share this very often but I'm a reformed coffee drinker.  And by coffee drinker I actually mean addict. Coffee addict would be an accurate term to describe me a year ago.



When I began my clean eating journey I started drinking black coffee.  Then one day, after starting to drink Shakeology daily, I noticed I was very, very jittery.  I decided to skip my normal cup o' joe the next day - and bam! - no jitters.

Since that day I haven't had a cup of fully caffeineated coffee.  I guess you could say my reform is going quite well!  Except for one thing - I still LOVE coffee!!! So now I get my fix in an usual way - decaf.  

When I was drinking coffee black I knew that it was the best way to get rid of unneccessary calories, which in turn was ridding me of extra belly fat. Win, win!  

Today I want to share with you some of my favorite Starbucks clean - eaters allowed drinks!

*Warning: MOST of these require extra effort and preparation.  But hey - the little green lady is worth it, right?*

1. Doppio Espresso over Ice with an Optional Sugar Free Flavored Syrup
This little beauty is for my ladies who love their lattes!  First off, this drink is $2.45.  Yes.  Two dollars.  Forty - five cents.  You're welcome. 
Ok so back to our lattes - a latte is espresso, milk and maybe a flavored syrup.  
The great thing about this drink is that Starbucks does not charge for milk! What's even BETTER about this for my clean eaters who don't drink cow's milk - you can bring your own small cup of almond or soy milk to add to this beauty.  If you want to enjoy this without the sugar-free syrup simply order the espresso over ice and add your own stevia drops or packets with your milk.  Bam - clean, low calorie, low sugar and inexpensive! 

This is my #1 go - to drink at Starbucks now.  I get it on my way to work in the mornings or after I've been running errands all day and want a little treat to enjoy once I get home to kick my feet up. 

2. Iced Green Tea 
This one may be pretty obvious but I love it!  It's refreshing, light and satisfying.  Squeeze in some lemon, a few drops or packes of stevia - and again - a clean, delicious treat!

3. Iced Green Tea Lemonade (Lightly Sweetened/Not Sweetened)
This is very similar to the Green Tea but the lemonade adds a refreshing bit of citrus.  I recommend ordering it unsweetened; feel free to sweeten with Stevia and enjoy! 

4. Skinny Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
Ok, this is a newer drink to me.  And quite frankly, I'm in love with it.  
Skinny means with non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup.  This is a tea based latte so it has less caffeine than your espresso latte. It's smooth and creamy with a bit of spice.  Absolutely delicious! 


Pretty basic but equally delicious options are always hot or iced black coffee, sweetened with stevia and a splash of almond - if you're at Starbucks and stuck for milk options, opt for non-fat or soy - but just a splash! 


Now it's your turn!  What is your favorite fitness friendly Starbucks drink?

xoxo,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment