Saturday, January 3, 2015

Never Miss a Monday!

There are plenty of Monday mornings (maybe EVERY Monday morning, really!) when I roll over as the alarm goes off and wonder to my sleepy self "Why aren't Mondays included in the weekends??"

This thought used to allow me to snuggle down into my warm blankets as I slapped the snooze button on my alarm! 
That was then.  Back when I used to eat pizza any meal that I could get it, shoveled donuts down without giving them much thought, felt that corn was a legitimate vegetable and thought that brussels sprouts looked like green beans (I'd never actually seen them!).  
Yes, that was way, way back then. 

It's not today.  Now - today and EVERY Monday - I have goals.  
Those goals may not always be the first thought when I hear my alarm go off at 4am, but they are definitely the second - and the one that pulls me out of bed to push play on my workout of the day. 




Never miss a Monday.

It's a little promise that I make to myself every Sunday as I enjoy a day off from workouts. 
It's the vow that I make to the fat jeans that live in the very back of my closet. 
The little whisper of a lifestyle spun on its head and completely changed as I reflect on pictures of my old self. 

Never miss a Monday is SO much more than a hashtag, a trend or a cute phrase. 

It's a way of life. 

The way of life that I've followed for the past year fully. 
The way of life that has helped me to lose 25 pounds and kiss it goodbye forever. 

Mondays aren't meant for misery. 
They're meant for motivation & movement! 



Today, TAKE your Monday & thank it for the great beginning of a new week that it's holding. 

Share your goals with it & commit to keeping the promises that you've made to yourself time and time again, as you indulge in chocolate chip cookies once the kids have gone to bed and your husband's not looking. 

Make Monday your ally. 
You won't regret it! 

xoxo,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment